When I feel some pain or aches coming up and do not have a chance to ‘tap’ or ‘foot reflex’ it right away because I am in a meeting of some sort, I often use acupressure to relieve or even remove the pain. Acupressure is of course an ancient Tibetan healing method, based on pressing certain pressure points affecting the flow of chemistry in the body.
Here is a list of my favorite pressure points to relieve pain. Please take deep, slow breathes while performing these self- help techniques:
- The inside of the eyebrows, just above the bridge of the nose. Applying pressure on this point (the third eye point) can help with relieving an upcoming headache, since it is directly over the facial sinuses. When in pain we often gravitate to this point, as if we intuitively know!
- To fight nausea and clear the head apply massaging pressure on the pressure point halfway down the outside of the upper arm. There is a sore spot, this is the pressure point.
- Rub the spots right under the collar bone to clear up a sore throat or anxiety. In EFT Tapping these are important points!
- The point where the top of the ear meets the skin of the face: great for alleviating headaches and migraines.
- Massage with two fingers of each hand where the neck meets the scull. A lot of tension resides in the neck and shoulders and massaging these pressure points helps with reducing stress and perhaps preventing tension headaches.
- Applying pressure and massaging the web between pink and ring finger helps with easing back pain and dizziness